Bobs Famous Bar

Bobs Famous Bar, circa 1930. Located at the northwest corner of Atlantic Avenue and the FEC tracks, 229 E. Atlantic Ave. Bobs Famous Bar was originally a restaurant. The bar was added with the repeal of Prohibition in 1933. The building later housed Powers Lounge, and was demolished 2002. The building may have been the original structure built in 1902 as McRae’s Pharmacy & Store and later updated and stuccoed over.