30 Ladies Improvement Association Hall 1906

The Ladies Improvement Association was begun in 1902 by 18 pioneer women to improve amenities in Delray.
The date of the smaller building is 1904, the two story building was completed in 1906 at what was, years later, 419 East Atlantic Avenue. (East of the Arcade Building between 4th & 5th Avenues) Town meetings, events and fund-raising parties were held at the Hall. In 1908 a stage was installed. In 1914 a public library was established in the “Town Hall”. The women in the photograph are Mrs. Sterling, Mrs. Zeder, Mrs. Sherwood, Mrs. Bell and Mrs. Schabinger.